Sunday, February 12, 2012

DIY Solid Perfume





You'll need:
a small block of beeswax,
coconut oil (either food grade or descented cosmetic grade),
a few drops of essential oil,
a small tin.

Melt together about 4 parts coconut oil and 1 part beeswax. You can use the microwave or a double boiler. I used a soup can in 2 inches of boiling water.

After the coconut oil and wax melt together, mix in a few drops of essential oil. I used 8 drops of Melrose oil for about 3 tablespoons of mixture. Add more or less depending on the oil you choose.

Pour the mixture into the tin (plastic containers may melt) and wait for it to cool.

(On hot days, the cocunut oil can become liquid and leak from the container. If I were to keep this in my purse, I would add more beeswax- 2 parts beeswax to 3 parts oil- to help keep it solid.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages